MARCH 25, 2020
We remain open, because those who are performing essential services continue to need our services, so as long as we are needed, we will be here to support them.
In light of the global shortage of respirators, we are only offering Qualitative (Isoamyl Acetate) Fit Testing for N95 respirators.
We continue to ONLY offer Pre-Employment Mask Fit Testing. We offer this as it is vital for new hires to have a proper Mask Fit Test to keep them safe from airborne contaminants.
We continue to disinfect all testing areas, equipment, waiting room, entrance, front desk, doors, handles, switches, surfaces and more. We do this after each appointment. Staff protect themselves by wearing respirators and gloves during testing. Our staff is working hard to keep our clinic safe and to keep you safe when you visit us.
As we all know with the COVID-19 pandemic, things can change very quickly. We will keep this thread updated as new developments arise. Please call us with any questions, anytime. (844) 825 5030.
Jon Rokochy, CEO
MARCH 20, 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic progresses, we continue to make adjustments to ensure the highest level of safety.
Based on the latest recommendations from the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM), effective immediately, we are temporarily suspending:
- Spirometry Testing, and
- Periodic/ Annual Mask Fit Testing
MASK FIT TESTING
The ACOEM also recommends suspending Periodic/ Annual Mask Fit Testing during the pandemic.
Assure will continue to offer Pre-Employment/ Pre-Hire Mask Fit Testing as this is essential for the safety of an employee on the job.
From the ACOEM:
“During the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) believes it is prudent to suspend spirometry testing in the workplace, unless it is determined to be clinically essential, due to the significant risk of transmitting COVID-19. Spirometry tests require performance of a forced expiratory maneuver which could spread droplets in the air if an infected person is tested, even if asymptomatic. The risk of other individuals inhaling the droplets exists even if the likelihood of this occurring is unknown.”
We are here to help you navigate these difficult times. Please call with any questions, anytime. PH: (844) 825 5030
Jon Rokochy, CEO
March 17, 2020
We are taking extra precautions to ensure the Health and Safety of our Clients & Staff during this time and want our Clients and the Public to know we are here to serve you and are committed to doing all we can to keep our Business operating as usual.
We are continuing to closely monitor the evolving COVID-19 health situation and are making adjustments as needed.
The Assure Team has taken the following steps to help keep everyone healthy when visiting our office:
- We have implemented a Temporary COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire which all clients will be required to complete prior to testing. If any question is answered “Yes”, the client will NOT be tested, but will be eligible to be rebooked in 14 days. They will be directed to call Healthline (811) for further direction.
- Hand Sanitizer is readily available at the Front Desk and in ALL Offices.
- Mask Fit Testing – We are taking extra precautions to thoroughly clean all masks after each use. Clients are welcome to bring their own mask in to be fitted with, if they prefer.
- Staff are REQUIRED to stay home from work if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, if they suspect they have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, or if they have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
- Staff are taking additional provisions to sanitize work areas, surfaces, equipment, light switches, door handles, sinks, washroom surfaces, desks, chairs, waiting room, and the entire office. We are doing this regularly throughout the day and after each Client has been tested.
- Staff are washing their hands regularly and are using hand sanitizer, gloves and N95 face masks, as required.
We will continue to monitor this situation and will adjust as necessary. We are committed to ensuring your health and we thank you for your continued trust in us.
Please contact Jon @ (844) 825 5030 if you have any questions or if we can better serve you in any way.
Jon Rokochy, CEO